Gas Line Installation & Repair Services
When dealing with common household plumbing issues there is nothing that really compares to the dangers of a potential gas leak! If you suspect a gas leak in your home you should never waste time trying to find it, the most important thing is to immediately vacate the house and call an experienced plumber like the pros down at 1st Plumber to Call inc. We’ve been in the plumbing business for over 20 years and we’ve pretty much seen it all when it comes to gas lines. When you’re looking for gas line installation and repair services in Canton and Woodstock, GA look no further than 1st Plumber to Call. We service the entire north Atlanta metro and would be more than happy to come out to your home day or night and take a look. Give us a call today at (404) 758-6237 to speak with one of our experienced plumbing professionals. When it comes to gas line installation and repair you need a company you can trust to do the job right the first time. After all your life really does depend on it!
Dangers of gas leaks
There are few things that compare to the dangers of a gas leak. This is why it is vitally important to have an experienced plumber inspect your pipes, and to make sure they actually know what they’re doing when it comes to gas line installation. Is gas really that dangerous? Here are just a few of the things that can happen to you and your family.
- Explosion- Natural gas is highly flammable, which is one of the reasons it’s so great for cooking, and heating your home. On the other end of the stick, though, it’s because of this property that it’s so dangerous. An undetected gas leak can cause a raging fire or even an explosion with the tiniest of sparks.
- Asphyxiation- If you have an undetected gas leak it can easily lead to asphyxiation, which is basically you not being able to breath. This is one of the many reason it is so important to have a licensed plumbing professional come to your house if you suspect a gas leak.
How to tell if you have a gas leak
There are various signs of gas leaks that you should be on the lookout for in your home at all times. The faster you determine whether or not there is a gas leak , the faster you can get you and your family out of harms way and back to safety. The most common signs of a gas leak include:
- Bad smell- Because gas is very dangerous most companies that supply your home will actually insert a sulfur smell for easier detection. It typically smells like rotten eggs.
- Appliances not working right- Have you noticed that your stove just isn’t striking up like it use to. This could be due to a potential gas leak.
- Hissing or clicking sounds near or on gas lines- Gas lines are touchy and sometimes they develop leaks. This is why it is so important to have a licensed professional when it comes to gas line installation and repair.
- Nausea and dizziness- If you find that you’re getting nausea or dizzy more often than you’re accustomed to you may have a gas leak.
- Dead or dying vegetation in or around the home- Not everyone has a green thumb, and some people are just really good at killing plants, but if your plants are dying for no apparent reason it could be a sign of a gas leak depriving them of vital carbon dioxide.
A gas leak can pose serious risks for you and your family. As such, the moment you notice any of the signs above, be sure to give the experts of 1st Plumber a call as soon as possible. We offer fast, reliable, and effective gas line repair services that can keep you and your home safe.
Common causes of damage
A Gas line is a fragile thing, although properly installed they can last for several years. There are however any number of reasons one might become damaged. Through the years we’ve learned that there are a few things that tend to damage gas lines more than others.
Poor Installation – When installing new gas lines in your home it is important to make sure an experienced professional is doing so. If the lines are installed by inexperienced plumbers, using poor quality materials, you can quickly find yourself with damaged or leaking gas lines in no time.
Age – Like any other piping in your home gas lines can deteriorate with age. As they get older they tend to deteriorate at the joint or connection leaving a weakened area. This can be a real problem that could potentially lead to gas leaks in your system later on down the road
High Demand – When installing new appliances in the home, changes need to be made to the gas lines to make sure they can keep up with the new demands. If your gas lines are not properly adjusted for the demands of a new appliance, you can quickly find yourself with a damaged gas line and a leak.
While these are not the only causes for gas line damages they tend to be the most common in our experience. If you start to notice a damaged gas line you can rely on the trusted professionals of 1st Plumber to Call to fix the problem right the first time. Give us a call today at (404) 758-6237 to have one of our experienced plumbing techniques come out to your home and take a look at your pipes.
What should you do in the event of a leak?
The moment you notice there is a gas leak in your home, the first thing you should do is leave the home. Do not use any electronics or ignite any flames as this can spark the gas within your home and cause an explosion. Simply evacuate, and once a safe distance from the home, call an experienced licensed plumber to come out and fix the problem.
We have the latest tools needed to effectively find the source of gas leaks. Once found we will provide you with our effective gas line repair or replacement solutions, depending on what works best for your home. Our plumbers will provide you with a solution that works perfectly for your budget and needs, ensuring you 100% satisfaction!
Got a gas leak? Need immediate attention? Call us at (404) 758-6237. When you’re looking for gas line installation & repair services in Canton and Woodstock, GA or north Atlanta look no further than 1st Plumber to Call.